Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Roller Skating

When we first started to explore the base at Lakenheath, we discovered they had a skating rink. Liam kept asking to go roller skating even though he had no idea what it was or how to do it. As a kid I hated roller skating and spent most of my time at the PTA roller skating parties on the carpet area. I would do my required rounds with my friends, but I generally played the games or flirted with the cute boys.



This past weekend we were invited to a roller skating birthday party. Liam was super excited and I was excited to be pregnant. I am sure there are some pregnant ladies that roller skate but not this one!




Liam ended up having a BLAST and telling Mike that he didn't need a grow up to help him anymore. Mike even donned skates for the last 30 minutes and didn't even break a hip or fall. I have to say that I wanted to see him fall a little.




As soon as we left the rink Liam was asking for his own skates and when he was going to get to go skating again. I am sure Mike will be taking him again very soon but there will be no roller skates in this house. Liam has enough wheels (skate board, bike, scooter) and they all end up at the bottom of the stairs or in my kitchen!





1 comment:

  1. So cute! And I'm not surprised at all that he loved it!!

    ReplyDelete