On our last day trip we traveled to Gent. Mike had heard it was worth a visit and the local guide books I had read looked promising. When we arrived in town we knew we were going to have a wonderful day! Gent was an easy city to navigate, was much less crowded and cheaper than Bruge. Gent was untouched by both World Wars so you can see architecture from every century. Mike and I both agreed that Gent was our favorite stop. It was just a little slice of beauty without all the hub bub.
 |
We hit a lot of ATM's so I thought I should take Mike's picture. He of course thought I was strange. |
 |
| Biggest Teddy EVER! |
This church was AMAZING inside. The outside was very underwhelming so we were blown away when we got inside. I only have a few pictures because:
A) We snuck in a side door that was open but I am pretty sure they were charging admission at the main door.
B) There were TONS of signs saying No photo or video even though EVERYONE in there was taking photo or video.
C) I have a problem breaking rules established by authorities (police, clergy, immigration, customs, etc)
 |
| After we left and grabbed a info book we realized we had just seen one of the most famous artworks of the Renaissance! Mike had made the comment that the painting looked very important. Who knew it was the "Altarpiece of the Lamb". Click here to find out more. |
 |
| We had a fantastic lunch of steak frites at this restaurant and it didn't cost an arm, leg and two redheaded children! |
 |
| This Marriott is located in a building that used to be a house of pleasure for the barge men! |
 |
| In Bruge we did the horse carriage tour so we decided on the water tour in Gent. Much cheaper but just as much fun. |
 |
| Castle of the Count from the water. |
 |
| Liam and I are convinced this sword belonged to a giant. |
 |
| Great views from the top of the castle. |
 |
| Rain doesn't stop our adventures! |
 |
| Strange manakin dressed as a lobster at a restaurant on the river. |
No comments:
Post a Comment