Thursday, February 21, 2013

Big Changes Ahead

  The last six months have not gone according to plan. The domino's started falling as soon as we stepped on US soil at the end of August with a job that wasn't living up to the promises, broken arm and countless other speed bumps in our life. Stress levels have been off the charts and gray hairs have been multiplying like crazy but there might be a light at the end of this tunnel soon.
  Our lives have started down a detour toward the Gulf Coast. Mike has taken a job with a company based in Mobile, Al and is now living in Alabama while Liam finishes out the school year here in South Carolina. There have been so many changes in the last year that I couldn't stand to pull him out of his WONDERFUL school. I have had to put on the "single mom" hat a lot in the last 7 yrs and it is NOT a favorite role especially now with TWO hard headed mini-Me's. Although I am not a praying women I have been doing a lot of it lately just trying to get through every day and praying this detour will lead us to a settled life.
  Liam had a long weekend for Presidents day weekend so we decided to drive over 9 hrs to visit Daddy. UGH! Long car rides with Liam when he was little were easy! Liam is hands down the best traveller and always has been but Luci...not so much! Thankfully she made it 7 hrs before she started melt down and I can't say I blame her. She just wanted out of her seat and to snuggle with mommy but mommy just wanted to GET TO DADDY!
  Our visit was great and camping out in Daddy's unfurnished 1 bedroom condo went well. We spent a whole day running around Pensacola, spent some time at the beach and lots of time with Daddy.

First a little Gator Hunt:

 







Then a trip to The National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola














Then a visit to an old favorite park in Pensacola:




A little fun in the cold windy sun in Gulf Shores, AL:








Last a stop at the Little Zoo That Could:











No comments:

Post a Comment